Coming temporarily

On June 20, 2014, the Government of Canada announced changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Please visit Employment and Social Development Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker Program webpage for more information.

You can experience life in Alberta by coming here temporarily. The Government of Canada offers programs for you to study or work temporarily.

If you are just starting to learn about your options for studying or working in Canada, you may want to use Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Come to Canada Tool, which will help you understand your options and how to apply.

Work in Alberta

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

You can work and live temporarily in Alberta through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. You will need a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

International Youth Exchange Programs

If you are between the ages of 18 and 35, you may qualify to work in Alberta through the International Experience Canada. To see if your country has an agreement with Canada consult the list of participating countries and click on your country name.

Study in Alberta

Alberta is a great place to study.