Sole proprietorship tax
A sole proprietor is taxed on individual income earned through self-employment. This income is reported on the T1 General Return.
For more information on taxable income earned as a sole proprietor, or as part of a partnership, please visit Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Business and professional income
- Review useful tax information for businesses, including sole proprietorships.
- Guide for Canadian small businesses
- Learn about CRA programs and online services for business, as well as obligations and entitlements.
- Sole proprietorships and partnerships
- Find information on reporting business income and expenses, definitions, fiscal periods, tax payments, business records and accounting.
- Tax packages
- Find up-to-date general income tax and benefit packages arranged by years, including the previous calendar year.
- Tax services offices in Alberta
- Find a Canada Revenue Agency tax service office location near you.
- Doing Business in Canada
- Find additional information about taxation and valuable references about investing and doing business in Canada.
- Canada Business
- Understand how provincial and federal taxes apply to your business.
- The Business Link
- Taxation information for Alberta's small business community.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:39:43