Importing and exporting goods
There are several factors to consider when importing or exporting from Alberta and Canada.
Packaging and labelling requirements
Goods imported to and exported from Canada must follow Canada’s product standards and labelling requirements.
International trade agreements
Canada has signed a number of international trade agreements, and is always negotiating more. Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada is the primary source of information on Canadian trade policy.
Anti-dumping and countervailing duties
- The Customs Act specifies importation procedures and collection of customs duties.
- The Customs Tariff specifies tariff rates on imported goods.
- Information for importers
- The federal and provincial governments provide information for businesses importing goods and services into Alberta or Canada.
- Information for exporters
- The federal and provincial governments provide information for businesses exporting goods and services from Alberta or Canada.
- Alberta’s international offices
- Alberta operates offices in Asia, Europe and North America.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:13:27