Government financing may be available for projects and businesses in specific industries.
There are various government programs and services that offer funding and financial assistance to small- and medium-sized enterprises.
Government assistance programs
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) is a financial institution owned by the Government of Canada. BDC delivers financial, investment and consulting services to Canadian small businesses.
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Financing
- BDC Financing specializes in commercial financing with highly flexible solutions.
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Venture Capital
- BDC Venture Capital is a major venture capital investor in Canada, active at every stage of the company's development cycle.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- The Canada Small Business Financing Program works with financial institutions to encourage financing for small businesses.
- National Research Council Canada: Industrial Research Assistance Program
- This National Research Council program helps small- and medium-sized enterprises in Canada develop technologies and commercialize them in a global marketplace.
- Financing your business
- Canada Business provides information about the many types of government and private sector financing available.
- How to get money for your business
- Canada Business provides a search engine for financial providers, information on different types of financing and tips to help secure financing.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:06:13