62,698,362 (July 2011 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $2.189 trillion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $35,100 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
1.6% (2010 est.)
- Machine tools
- Electric power equipment
- Automation equipment
- Railroad equipment
- Motor vehicles and parts
- Electronics and communications equipment
- Paper and paper products
- Food processing
- Other consumer goods
US $546.5 billion (2010 est.)
- Manufactured goods
US $405.6 billion (2010 est.)
- Manufactured goods
Alberta's exports to UK:
CAN $149.5 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to UK:
- Gas or smoke analysis apparatus
- Telecom parts
- Parts of boring or sinking machinery
- Parts for surveying instruments
- Taps, cocks, valves
- Massage, mechano-therapy, aptitude-testing apparatus
- Micotommes (parts of instruments for physical/chemical analysis)
- Radio navigational aid apparatus
- Parts of airplanes and helicopters
- Instruments for measuring pressure
- Polymers of ethylene
- Voice, image and data recognition
- Engine parts
- Concrete or mortar mixers
- Other machinery
Canada's main exports to UK:
- Ash containing precious metal
- Airplanes and aircraft
- Petroleum oils
Information about United Kingdom (UK)
- CIA World Factbook
- Detailed information about UK's economy, political system and history.
- Energy Information Administration
- UK's energy profile
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
- World Relations
- A summary of Alberta's relationship with UK.
Alberta has identified the UK as a priority market and has maintained strong economic ties with the country for many years.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
Aerospace and aviation: Opportunities exist for Alberta businesses to provide products/services to major UK manufacturers such as BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, GKN Westland, Cobham PLC and Smith Aerospace by partnering with British companies that supply or compete for projects.
Alberta firms that offer technologically unique and competitively priced products will find opportunities. Products/services of potential value to the UK market include maintenance, repairs and overhaul services, defense electronics, aerospace testing, evaluation and engineering support services and unmanned vehicle systems.
Health and bio-industries: Healthcare spending in the UK is increasingly focused on preventative care/medicine, homecare and rehabilitation at home. The UK leads Europe in biotechnology and is a base for major players in the pharmaceutical industry. It offers opportunities for pharmaceutical intermediates, contract manufacturing, R&D partnerships as well as product development/distribution partnerships.
Information and communications technologies (ICT): The UK has been a successful launching pad to the European market for many Alberta ICT companies. Through its economic strength and the presence of major players in the ICT industry, it offers opportunities for wireless companies, software developers and digital media companies alike interested in the wireless, enterprise or public sector markets.
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Electronic Business Intelligence Service
- Online source for export market intelligence, international company profiles, business opportunities, reports and web links
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in UK
Date Updated: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:30:06