81,471,834 (July 2011 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $2.96 trillion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $35,900 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
3.6% (2010 est.)
- Machine tools
- Food and beverages
US $1.12 trillion (2010 est.)
US $1.337 trillion (2010 est.)
- Metals and manufactures
Alberta's exports to Germany:
CAN $69.4 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to Germany:
- Heterocyclic compounds,pyrimidine or piperazine rings
- Wheeled vehicles not mechanically propelled
- Motor vehicle parts
- Automatic regulating instruments
- Fescue seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Dog or cat food
- Boring or sinking machinery and part
- Polymers of ethylene
- Vegetable saps and extracts
- Radio navigational aid apparatus
- Instruments for measuring pressure
Canada's main exports to Germany:
- Airplanes and other aircraft
- Photosensitive semiconductor devices
- Parts of turbo-jets or turbo propellers
- Flywheels and pulleys
Information about Germany
- CIA World Factbook
- Detailed information about Germany's economy, political system and history.
- Energy Information Administration
- Energy profile for Germany.
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
Alberta has strong economic ties and has cultivated close relations with Germany, and the states of Bavaria and Saxony in particular.
- World Relations
- A summary of Alberta's relationship with Germany.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
Building products: The largest individual sector growth opportunity is in cabinets due to Alberta's current capacity shortfall. Germany is a promising investment and technology source in this field. Germany is a potential target for attracting companies and skilled labour.
Education and training: With Alberta's excellent results in the PISA study, Germany is a target market for attracting students to Alberta's first-rate institutions. Alberta continually seeks to build stronger relationships with Germany in education, government and industry.
Environmental products and services: Germany is an investment attraction market in the environmental products and services sector due to its state-of-the-art technology in this field. Investment attraction here will likely occur in oil sands-related activities.
Health and bio-industries: Germany has been identified as a potential trade market for medical devices and pharmaceutical intermediates. Alberta has established a number of centres of excellence in these sub sectors, specifically in assistive devices and surgical equipment and procedures.
Tourism: Germany is one of the key markets for inbound foreign tourists to Alberta. Both rural and urban tourist destinations are attractive destinations for German tourists. German investors are also potential targets for development and investment in a wide range of tourism business opportunities in both new and established destination areas.
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Electronic Business Intelligence Service
- Online source for export market intelligence, international company profiles, business opportunities, reports and web links
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in Germany
- International Trade Canada - The Embassy of Canada to Germany
- Germany Trade & Invest
- Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
- Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- German Canadian Business Directory
- A Guide to Exporting Food and Beverage Products to Germany
- An Armchair Guide to Exporting to Germany
Date Updated: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:01:39